Active Information Collection
This site may actively collect and process information from you by asking you specific questions; and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail, employment applications, surveys and/or feedback forms. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (e.g., e-mail address). Please note that we may ask you for information when you report a problem with this site. Further, some areas of this site may require you to submit information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (e.g., newsletters, employment applications) or to participate in a particular activity (e.g., promotions). You will be informed in each instance what information is required, the purpose for which it is collected and what information is optional.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected using various technologies and means including Internet Protocol (IP) and Cookies.
This site may use IP addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. We use your IP address to analyse trends, track user’s movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and administer and improve the site.
Use of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer this site and our business;
- To ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of this site, when you choose to do so;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to this site;
- To keep this site secure and prevent fraud;
- To notify you about changes to this service; and
- For any other purpose that may be specified on the relevant pages of this site from time to time.
- In addition, we will make full use of all information acquired through this site that is not in personally identifiable form.
We understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your personal details, skills and interests and any other employment related information that you may supply when applying for a position with us or an affiliate. If you are considered for employment by us your personal data may be shared with other companies acting on our behalf to provide employment verification services. We will retain your personal data on file for up to six months and may contact you regarding future employment opportunities. You may withdraw from us holding your information at any time by advising us at email@example.com. You should be aware that providing false information may lead to rejection of the employment application or termination of any subsequent employment.
Disclosure of Information
In addition, we may disclose your personally identifiable information:
- To any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, and agents insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy
- To suppliers or subcontractors to support our business (e.g., fulfilment services, technical support, delivery services, and financial institutions) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy
- in connection with the sale or purchase of any business or asset, assignment, or other transfer of the business of this site to which the information relates
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Access, Correction and Retention
You may contact us as indicated below to access, correct or update personally identifiable information about you. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession that you have previously submitted via this site. We will keep your personally identifiable information for a reasonable period of time (bearing in mind the purpose for which your information was collected).
Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this site; any transmission is at your own risk. We take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to this site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our users are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to this site at the point where we ask for the information. In the case of direct marketing, users will be asked for their consent (ie “opt-in”) before we process personally identifiable information for this purpose. If at any time you decide you no longer wish to receive marketing information you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from site visitors in this age group.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Macarthys Laboratories Limited is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
Our data protection registration number is: Z6920792
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 00620024 and our registered office is at Bampton Road, Harold Hill, Romford, Essex, RM3 8UG.
Martindale Pharma IT Department
Tel: 01277 266600
For other queries visit our Contacts section.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this site.
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
The analytics cookies used by this site have the following names: _ga and _gat
The information generated relating to this site is used to create reports about the use of this site.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on this site.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.